Campbeltown Running Club

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Campbeltown Running Club

Postby madscotsbloke » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Please pass on my apologies Elaine, I will be unable to attend the meeting tonight. Keep me posted on developments (i.e. will there be a Country membership?? :P haha)

MSB
www.westcoastphotos.co.uk
madscotsbloke
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ninja Mania » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:06 pm

A new private forum is now operating for this club, access to its threads is for paid up CRC members only, and can be done by sending an email or pm too Elaine or myself.

The clubs web site should be up and running very soon, if anyone has any idea's or suggestions as to its contents, please pm or email Elaine, or any other committee member.
Last edited by Ninja Mania on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Campbeltown Running Club winter league races

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:32 am

Last edited by Ninja Mania on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:11 pm

Tomorrow's (17th) LSR will have 3 routes all in one, you can either do a 6.3 mile loop, an 8 mile loop, or a 12.3 mile loop.
Meet at the usual place for 9 and we will decide which one we will do.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby madscotsbloke » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:54 am

Ninja,

Cracking idea, I'd definitely be up for a winter series. I find it really difficult to motivate myself to get out and run through the winter period so a structured series of races/runs would be ideal. Plus it would give me more material for race reports hahaha :lol: :lol:

Perhaps put you off the idea now? LOL

MSB
www.westcoastphotos.co.uk
madscotsbloke
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Forgot to say earlier, anyone who is or has joined the new running club, ie filled in the form which is available at the Aqua and from Linda in the sports shop, and returned it to Elaine, can have access to the private forum, if you want access can you please send me a pm and I will set it up.
Anyone who was at the last meeting who has received and returned the emailed form, same applies to you. Just pm me.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:31 pm

I think that it's crucial for Campbeltown Running Club to maintain a thread here. It's important that folk know what we are trying to achieve and that the club is easily accessible. A private thread is OK for club specific items, agendas etc. but that will come when our website is up and running (pardon the pun). Let's not go totally "underground". After all this Forum has been good for us all in the past.

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:43 am

This is just to add what Ninja has put up for over the winter period.We have started to draft the CRC winter league races event and the rules which in turn brings up to having 10 races available to run over the year.This will bring us in line with most running clubs that have events for 10 months of the year,with a break in the calender which will be April and October,that happen to be just about right for a Spring/Autum marathon or a 1/2 or even a searching run at a 10k.

Just to keep you informed of what you will be expecting for the WLR,it will be run in teams and the distances will vary between 5 mile to no more than 7mile and will hopefully will coincide with your cut back week in training and will be run on the 2nd Saturday of each month.

Depending on the support this will get,will be the deciding factor whether we will go ahead with it this year or it could go on the back burner until next year,we will leave that up to you.

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:49 pm

Last edited by Ninja Mania on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:08 pm

edit out
Last edited by DJD on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby KC » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:07 pm

I was looking forward to the winter league but a 3 mile race at the weekend will be no good to me.Surely with a few months to go until the start of the series the club should be encouraging the girls to increase their mileage by a couple of miles.

I understood the club was to encourage improvement through competition,you won't do that watering things down! Also everybody seems able to manage 6.2 miles for the MOK!

Lastly,sorry if I have offended anybody....don't take it personaly I just feel the club should be about encouraging people to improve as runners through pushing themselves.
KC
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby DJD » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:47 pm

Edit out
Last edited by DJD on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:48 am

This is the kind of debate that should be continued on the CRC members thread, where members can voice opinions.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:18 pm

hey guys

Anyone down for a lsr of around 11 miles tomorrow? Might need to take it easyish as not done much (well I have done plenty eating and drinking!!) in the last week but don't mind plodding along behind everyone as usual. Will meet at the usual time of 9 at aqua, anyone got a route planned?

Then will be heading down to southend to throw some brooms and run round the track round jen21 :wink: followed by some of 4th gen's special cider :lol:

With regards to winter league, I'm happy with whatever is planned but it would be good if a longer run was included somehow as an option as I would want to do a minimum of 8 miles on a saturday morning even on an easy week especially if I'm hoping to do a marathon at some point....

Website is under construction at the moment but should be up very soon - if you have any ideas for it, or photos, information etc send them to enquiries@campbeltownrunningclub.com and you can now download a CRC application from the website http://www.campbeltownrunningclub.com please send in asap so I can order our lovely new tops :D
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jackiefulton » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:34 pm

agree with KC

count me in for winter league / opportunity to push myself / keep motivated

think CRC should be going for the longer distances - plenty of other opps for those who want to do the shorter distances
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat