Campbeltown Running Club

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Campbeltown Running Club

Postby DJD » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:13 am

Aye a nasty one going around at the moment,speedy recovery Rab.

Good session last night,it really was a jolt to the system and a good wake up call and a good kick start to the year,(nice one Katfer).Having looked at your months training program,l will be up for most of it,for it is not far away from what l want to do in my marathon training.

Hope to see more at training over the coming weeks,even if you start at the base end of running and pick and choose what sessions you feel you can join in,remenber there is no rush or pressure,we just like to see you up and running and enjoying the chat on the warm up,also to see you build your base up.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:33 am

Sorry couldn't make last night but just arrived back in town to see you all heading up to the call centre and felt really guilty! Am heading out tonight to do the 12 x 1 mins but wont be the same on my own.

Have to head to Glasgow again tomorrow and not sure what time will be back but hopefully will be at training.

Have also entered the Balloch to Clydebank Half marathon (my first ever!!) and looking forward to the challenge.

Get well soon Rab.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DJD » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:55 am

The CRC January Burner

Route Description.

Start at a gate at Glencreggan Farm.Then proceed up a lane for approx 240m towards a mast.Once at the top of the lane(mast on left) turn left and head towards a double gate entarance (10m).(mast will now be on your right.Immediately as you go past the mast take a right (sign posted) Key point- MAST/ARROWS

Proceed up a trail which is a fire break fo approx 150m,you then will be (sp) to your left,(there is an entrance there but it will be taped off.Proceed for about 50m and you will be (sp) to your right at the trail T juntion left turn taped off.Key points- Follow the ARROWS.

Proceed up the trail (slight gradual climb),continue until you come to a juntion/OLD GATE entrance,you will be (sp) through the old gate entrance ,continue up the trail,again still climbing.You will then come to a Y/juntion,again (sp) take the right,shortly after that you will be directed left again (sp).Just after this point you are at the top,which is just over the mile distance.Key point-THE VIEW/PLATEAU.

Continue on and you will be (sp)to your left(start of descent) follow on and you will rejoin the loop at the Y/juntion you took earlier,you will be (sp) to the right,(at this stage you will encounter other runners on their way up)smile and continue your run down to the old gate entrance.Key points - OLD GATE ENTRANCE/EXIT

Immediately after the exit of the old gate take a right (sp) continue along the trail, again its a short distance.You then will come to a juntion, which the left trail will be taped off,go through a cutting in a hedge row (Gorse/Winds) and immediatley take a left (sp) continue on a downward route for a fair distance again you will go through a hedge row, continue on untill you come to a T/juntion (left turn taped off) you will be (sp) to the right, still descending towards a man made lochan(not that you will notice it),you will then be (sp)left and then left again and you will be going up hill ,at the opposite side you have just run down.Key points- ARROWS/DESCENDING.

Once you have reached the top of the small incline,turn right,(sp),head down hill and then turn left(sp).Go through the hedge row (small burn muddy area) once you exit out of there you be (sp) to your right and head towards the mast.Go past the mast(which will be on your left)and through the gate (sp)and immediately ahead of you will be another gate entrance head up hill for approx 50m,turn right (sp) into the field and go across in an diagonal direction and head towards 3 telegraph poles which are in a line (The telegraph poleswill be pointed out to you at the start) at the 3rd pole area there will be a gate on the right (sp), go through the gate head downhill ,keeping the fence close to your left at the bottom,turn right again(sp)again keeping the fence close to your left,then head through the gate (marshalled) and you will be going towards start of the 2nd lap (2.1 miles).Key points-MAST/TELEGRAPH POLES.

"Phew"

This will sound all gobbly gook to you at the moment, don't commit to memory (not that you would).Putting this down is mostly for me and for the future as regards to how many sign's I need and tape etc. For all the runners that pm me for the route on mapometer,it will mean a lot more as the picture and map will verify the route instructions.

See you on the day for your final brief.

Car share if you can.There will be soup for all. A wash bucket for you shoes and that speaks for it's self for what the terrain is like,this is a cracking course which will be hard but fun to run and nice meeting for all our runners.Just hope the weather is on our side ie (no hard frost).

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:00 am

Sounds easy :lol: Think a few of us are going to try a lap of it on Saturday as part of our LSR, meeting at 9am at Aqua as usual.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi All

Last info on Sundays January Burner.

Race Brief 9:50am

First Runner Off 10:00am

Last Runner Off 10:15am.

Rab is putting something on here ref meeting point/car share to travel up from Campbeltown..See you all Sunday,plus l think the weather is going to be on our side.Even if you are not running,you are welcome to turn up and watch.

Any last minutes changes of HEART to run,or questions feel free to let me know or ask.

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iceblue » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Really enjoyed the "January Burner" this morning :D It was hard going but good fun :?

Thanks DJD for all the work you put in to organise this event. Your signs were spot on and even me, who has no sense of direction, didn't manage to get lost :lol:
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DJD » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi All

Campbeltown Running Club would like to thank Adam Armour for the kind permission to run on his land and providing an excellent course for us have a xcountry race.

Here are the results.................Clock time.......................Real time.....................Elapse time

Kenny Campbell.........................49:49..............................34:49.........................15:00
Charlie Dott.............................52:28..............................40:28.........................13:00
Neil John MacPhail......................53:01..............................46:47.........................06:14
Sid Gallager..............................53:21..............................46:17.........................07:04
Dave Adams.............................54:06...............................48:11.........................05:55
Alan Reid................................54:17................................44:12........................10:05
Mandy Chaisson........................ 54:36...............................51:16.........................03:20
Jackie Fulton............................55:02................................51:42........................03:20
Jennifer Reid............................56:48................................48:45........................07:57
Jocelyn Richard.........................57:18................................50:25........................06:53
Rob McDonald...........................62:07................................50:18........................11:49
Margaret Sinclair.......................62:50.................................62:50........................15:00

The guests
Mark...................................48:14...................................48:14.......................15:00
Rob Semple...........................49:46...................................49:46.......................15:00
Ron....................................54:38....................................51:06.......................03:32
Rob Reid..............................58:22....................................49:28.......................08:54
Dave Spy..............................60:02....................................52:41.......................07:21
John Coon.............................67:15....................................64:43.......................03:32

There you go folks,and l would like to add,well done to all, it is a tough course and what a nice touch to see everyone waiting for all to finish and having a good chat at the end.Hope you enjoyed it as much as l did.

Thanks to CRC runners and to the guest on todays race.
Last edited by DJD on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby skernish longrow » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:23 pm

well done djd another star race nice people and good soup :D :D :D
skernish longrow
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby elainemck » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Well done everyone! I'm sure it would've been a great race and a cracker of a day for it. Sorry we couldn't make it :(

I bet it's got everyone in the mood for the 2011 handicap race series!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby KC » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:59 pm

Thanks Donald for all the time and effort you put into making a great race today.It was a cracker of a course......hills,mud more hills, more mud,what a great way to spend a Sunday morning :roll:
KC
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:40 pm

Aye, my apologies for not making it either but I wasn't too sure about running it after trying it last weekend :oops: and there was no chance of me making it once I ended up going to the comedy night last night! Well done to everyone who made it - some really impressive times there.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sid Gallagher » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:22 pm

Thanks DJD for organising a great event and for all the work you and your family put into it. Brilliant course, well maked well organised!!
All the competitors did really well. It was good to see so many folk up for it.
Top marks DJD
Sid Gallagher
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Rabmacd » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:44 pm

I will echo all the comments--great day, great banter. Thanks to Donald and Sarah for the hospitality. I'm now up there with 4th Gen on the getting lost bit. I was so far back that I couldnae see anyone on that first loop so I kind of went my own way :oops: Well done to all the participants. It certainly was a burner.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jmr3 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:39 pm

Donald, thanks for another great race. Really enjoyed the course, the company and the soup and banter afterwards. Thanks also to Jennifer for not letting me go AWOL midway on the first loop!

Already looking forward to the February Frenzy.
jmr3
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Katfer » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:25 am

Sounds like I missed a good run here :(

You know when it's DJD doing the oragnising, it will be well run and go like clockwork.

Well done to all competitors.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat