Thank You MOK Bike Challenge 2012

Details and discussion on the MOKBIKE 2015 to be held here in Kintyre on Saturday September 19th 2015 and Sunday September 20th 2015.

Thank You MOK Bike Challenge 2012

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Really enjoyed today's MOK Bike Challenge and well done to everyone who took on their own challenge whether it be the Ultimate killer or the family ride around Davaar . A huge thanks goes to the organiser's Rus & Ros , marshals , Macmillan cancer committee and the Ardshiel Hotel (for providing the fantastic lunch) for making this a great event .

Got to say pushing the bike up the Dalsmirren hill was more than a challenge in itself .......altho the downhill was worth the up !!!! :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Thank You MOK Bike Challenge 2012

Postby fiona28 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Wish I could learn to enjoy them downhills, I'm just a big fearty!!!

Also wish I had taken my camera and got the farmers herding the coo's to take a photo of me stuck in them as stan got away from me laughin his heed off!!!!

Great day - thanks to Rus n Ros for getting this event going, to all the marshalls and helpers and to the Ardshiel/Seafield for the welcome and the tasty fayre.

See you next year on the killer pans lass :D :lol:
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Thank You MOK Bike Challenge 2012

Postby russanros » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Thanks for the Thank yous... we'd better just get our's in! :D

We are greatly indebted for the continued support of the Ardshiel/Seafield, Flora and Marion and all the staff.
-also this year for drinks & scones at Drumavuillin farm, Southend thank you Alison Eynon and also Moira Menzies & Elizabeth Galbraith.
those who gave up their time to help on the day with marshalling and other duties:
Rob Reid, Johnny Durnan, Sheena Ramsay, Aliceanne Mckinlay and family, Billy Rankin, Campbell Read, Duncan Renton on the Ultimate and Lussa Routes
Stuart Mcgeachy, Heather McFadyen & family, Billy Rankin on the Sanda Route
The Young firefighters, Mandy and the children from 'The Hub', Gemma & Cameron Wilkes, Amy McGougan, Emily Walker on the Davaar family ride.
Valerie Nimmo and Margaret Rankin helped hold everything together at registration and finish line.

Thanks to Peter Ferguson who piped at the Seafield.

Thanks to Ruth at the Courier and http://www.kintyreforum.com for ongoing support with publicity and website etc.
Local shops & Businesses who kindly donated to our auction despite the economic 'hard times'.

Last but certainly not least everyone who participated as of course without which we would not have an event! Thank You!

PS and of course anyone we may have forgot to mention!!! :wink:
russanros
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Mull of Kintyre Bike Challenge