Festival Parade

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

Festival Parade

Postby ultraviolet » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:28 pm

It was great to see a dry sunny day for the festival parade but disappointing to see the lack of numbers involved in the actual parade, which is a shame for those who do make the effort and for the organisers.

Surely this can be improved for next year?

Fire Cadets were a hoot!!!
ultraviolet
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Festival Parade

Postby maxmix » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:39 pm

ultraviolet wrote:It was great to see a dry sunny day for the festival parade but disappointing to see the lack of numbers involved in the actual parade, which is a shame for those who do make the effort and for the organisers.

Had loads of people in my shop in Main Street saying it was a poor show.... I tend to agree....

Was there not a few that pulled out of the Parade, not long before etc ?

maxmix
maxmix
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:44 pm

maxmix wrote:
ultraviolet wrote:It was great to see a dry sunny day for the festival parade but disappointing to see the lack of numbers involved in the actual parade, which is a shame for those who do make the effort and for the organisers.

Had loads of people in my shop in Main Street saying it was a poor show.... I tend to agree....

maxmix

Yes, I think there may have been as many as 10 pulled out on the week of the parade. (or so I seem to recall someone saying but the weekend was a blur!!) Such a shame for the organisers but the ones who entered were great!!!

The thing is it is our community event so we really all should make the effort.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mack » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Can I say for a start that the floats and people who turned out last Saturday were absolutely great. There was indeed a mass call-off in the week leading up to the parade, and, Vicky who was the main organiser was left devestated and extremely disappointed. She put a great deal of time into this, only to be let down at the elventh hour.

We decided to support late on, and, can only say that it didn't take a lot of effort to turn out. The bonus was the public were supportive on a wonderful afternoon of weather - and the fun we had was second to none.

Will we enter again next year - you bet we will!
Mack
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby maxmix » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:26 pm

That was a pity so many pulled out at the last minute... :(

Especially when there was a good turn out and it was a cracking sunny day.....

Hopefully all will be well for the next Parade.... :mrgreen:

maxmix

Ship called Dignity wrote:
maxmix wrote:

maxmix

Yes, I think there may have been as many as 10 pulled out on the week of the parade. (or so I seem to recall someone saying but the weekend was a blur!!) Such a shame for the organisers but the ones who entered were great!!!

The thing is it is our community event so we really all should make the effort.
maxmix
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Mack » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:39 pm

The parade is great fun, and, I know from the response that everyone found it really rewarding to take part - and I don't just mean financially. The retro theme gave everyone the widest of choices and may be retained for next year's event.

Here is the challenge - how do we improve the numbers taking part? There seems to be an interest, but its getting folk to get together and and do something. Someone has said it is our community event - absolutely - so please try and support the parade before it dies out. It would be easy to get discouraged and let it go; however, for the people who made the effort, we will continue to ask for the support to run again next year.

Are you interested?

Do you want to save this event?

You have a year to think about it - so why not ask your firm, group, pals etc to take part. I can assure you it is a rewarding experience - especially when you see the kids faces light up.
Mack
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival