Survivors Night

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

Survivors Night

Postby Duke o' Ralston » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:52 pm

What's the general opinion of this years Survivors Night? For some reason I didn't feel as up for it this year, maybe felt the format was getting a wee bit stale but it turned out to be another fantastic night. Every act from Ross and Lorne, "The Ecka", "KSPB, "The Melons", "Tellers" and "The Favourites" played really well and the crowd were totally into it.

There was an excellent buzz in the hall with the different musical styles keepin the atmosphere buiding as the night went on, place was totally bouncing at the finish (with me pogo'in like I was 18 again). Highlight for me was The Favourites version of "Primal Screams", "Country Girl", absolutely bangin!!

Well done to IanJ and the committee for the effort involved in puting the whole weekend together and trying to keep it fresh each year, not easy keepin everyone happy but think there was something for everyone during the weekend.
I thank yow
Duke o' Ralston
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Annie M » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:04 am

Survivors night was the highlight of the music festival for me - as it is every year!

Its great to see other bands play over the weekend, but to hear local talent like the Pipe Band and The Favourites was just fantastic and resulted in a great atmosphere!

It would be even better if they could set up another venue, i.e a marquee, that would hold more people as Im sure the Vic hall could have sold out twice over! Also, I dont know if it would be possible to get a later licence as noone seemed to be ready to go home at the end of the night? :D
Annie M
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:26 pm

this posting was nonsense!!! :wink:
Last edited by general jack o'niell on Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
general jack o'niell

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:44 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:u mean u don't like deacon blue covers?

and i wasn't even there!!!!!

whats the festival like? i stay indoors that weekend every year, maybe i'm no fun and maybe it's not my taste in music?

or maybe, since i don't frequent "hostileries" the other 362 days of the year i'm missing nothing?

if i want to hear badly performed cover versions of dull 80's pop, i'll , och i don't know wot i'll do, i lost the will to live there for a minute as "dirge-nity" came into my head, oh yes if i want to hear bad 80's pop, i'll log on to youtube and type in campbeltown.

with exception of melons and tellers c/town bands have been crap for years, 25 to be exact!!!!!!!!

I went to Youtube and typed in Campbeltown. I see what you mean 8) :wink:
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:26 pm

The Favourite played Journey making it the best night ever.
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby peenkles21 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:32 pm

Deadly big fla, actualy deadly!
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:43 pm

hoot Journey songs did they play?
Is ut the SAME Journey I loved in the 80s or some modern jingly jangly band wwith the same name?
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:03 am

4th Gen

never mind the 80's. Me and the wee man went tae see Journey at the Edinburgh Playhouse on 2nd June 2006 :D Magic.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:11 am

4th Gen

Here's a wee link to a later track they've done--circa 2000 :wink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChDB6OEKetk

Still gan strong
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:52 pm

Don't Stop Believing hold onto that feeling!!!!
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

survivors night

Postby Islay » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:31 pm

general jack o'niell I have always had a realy good time at the Music Festival and if you dont like it stop bitching and just dont go leave it to the reat of us who enjoy it
Islay
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ninja Mania » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:17 pm

Islay,,,, G.j is entitled to making comments as he see's fit, although some of them are a bordering a bit on the chip on the shoulder side, thats what is special about the guy, he can be an a...hole some times but so can we all, and if your going to make comments about other fellow members like that then you must prepare yourself for the rath that will follow, not only from him but his kin too. They are a team.

Now if you have a large family like I have then you know when to take sh..it and when to give sh..it, but 1 thing you must always remember, when you come on here and your 1st posting is an attack on a very well respected forum member, then you have already put the 1st nail in your own coffin.

Having said that Islay the guy never went to the festival, but you have my utmost respect for standing up and being counted, so are you listening G.j, its time you stopped your bitching.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:16 pm

so was this one!!!!
Last edited by general jack o'niell on Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
general jack o'niell

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:36 pm

whats the festival like? i stay indoors that weekend every year, maybe i'm no fun and maybe it's not my taste in music?

or maybe, since i don't frequent "hostileries" the other 362 days of the year i'm missing nothing?

if i want to hear badly performed cover versions of dull 80's pop, i'll , och i don't know wot i'll do, i lost the will to live there for a minute as "dirge-nity" came into my head, oh yes if i want to hear bad 80's pop, i'll log on to youtube and type in campbeltown.

with exception of melons and tellers c/town bands have been crap for years, 25 to be exact!!!!!!!!

Did u hear Scrotum Pole, the Little Lebowski Urban Acheivers
or any other band I sang for, no I doubt it so get off your high me
Im the best singer that ever lived - FACT
no, but seriously you can't go about slagging everyone in the town
when you haven't heard them all. Plus your own voice sounds different to
others than it does to you, so in all likelihood your great voice was like chicken scratchings
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby king of kilcousland » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:53 pm

A Horse called Juan Face wrote:

Did u hear Scrotum Pole, the Little Lebowski Urban Acheivers
or any other band I sang for, no I doubt it so get off your high me
Im the best singer that ever lived - FACT
no, but seriously you can't go about slagging everyone in the town
when you haven't heard them all. Plus your own voice sounds different to
others than it does to you, so in all likelihood your great voice was like chicken scratchings

Exactly horse your own voice does sound different to others, like yours sounds bloody awful to everyone else! joking (kinda)!

scrotum pole were tremendous right enough, specially when the drummer didn't turn up and the hoora talented bass player had to play the drums :lol:
How many mothers to cry?
How many sons have to die?
How many missions left to fly over palestine?
king of kilcousland
Active Poster
Active Poster

Next

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival