My one gripe with the whole weekend

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

My one gripe with the whole weekend

Postby The Tartan Rascal » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:24 am

Was That the fish & chip shop and all other places to get something to eat close far to early, I`d say that there needs to be at least some burger vans let into the town centre for next year if the local shops wont stay open, I understand that some of these people may want to attend the festival itsself but it wasnt fun coming out a pub after 2am and finding the one and only fish and chi van with about 100 people qued up....but all in all I loved the festival and to meet up with my auld uncle ewan was great..be back next year for deffo.

akkie

The Tartan Rascal

P.S....... I made a small video if anyone wants to download or view it

Find it here

http://www.tartanrascals.co.uk/Mull_Of_ ... stival.wmv
The Tartan Rascal
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Hels » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:06 pm

No gripes whatsoever about what the committee acheive year in, year out at thei festival - weldone! Can't wait for next year already - think it'll take all that time for my liver and my voice to recover!

My only gripe is at a couple of people (you know who you are - one on Friday night and one on Sunday night!) who had the stupidity and lack of decency to have a go at friend of mine who was visiting the town for the festival. The reason for these "attacks?" The fact that he is in a wheelchair! Does that mean he's not allowed to enjoy the festival?! I certainly hope not.

The festival & the buzz it brings makes me really proud to be from C'town .... these idiots made me ashamed, but thankfully they are in the minority.
Hels
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby The Tartan Rascal » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:48 pm

My only gripe is at a couple of people (you know who you are - one on Friday night and one on Sunday night!) who had the stupidity and lack of decency to have a go at friend of mine who was visiting the town for the festival. The reason for these "attacks?" The fact that he is in a wheelchair! Does that mean he's not allowed to enjoy the festival?! I certainly hope not.

God allmighty thats just bang out of order m8 sorry to here that, its a certain that these are in minority and every village/town/city has them...they should bring back the birch for these scumbags and birch them on the sat before the bands start on the green,,cos thats what they need.

Hels wrote:No gripes whatsoever about what the committee acheive year in, year out at thei festival - weldone! Can't wait for next year already

Well I dont think what I was on about is down to the organisers this will no doubt lie with the shop owners and local council but one thing is certain every festival Ive went to always has burger vans for people to get some food after a long night on the sauce....I just dont see a problem with sorting something out for next year..not unless theres an underlying reason for not allowing them to pitch and sell could it be that the shops that are closed want to remain the only businesses that make money, Im not for one minute slating anyone just in my opinion I dont think its a good idea to have 100 very drunk people queing for food at the one and only fish and chip van that there was ..to me that will spell trouble at some point. what does everyone else think about this???.
The Tartan Rascal
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival