Chi Running

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Chi Running

Postby fiona28 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:28 pm

I have been asked to post this info about a day course being offered by Ormsary Jogscotland group.

Chi running workshop in Ormsary on the 16th of September (the 15th as well if we have enough interest)

Trainer is from North of England who does workshops in Edinburgh and Glasgow so we invited him over here.

Full day 9.30a.m. til 4.30p.m. at a cost of £60 a head suitable for any level of runner.

His website at www.soulinmotion.co.uk

Could anyone interested please book through the website and then let myself know you have booked to allow Dinah to keep up with numbers.

I have been hearing more and more of this recently and if my memory serves me right there was an article highlighting the benefits featured in jogscotlands last edition of Stride.
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Chi Running

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Sounds an interesting workshop and I do believe in the concept of Chi Running as have read about it in quite a few magazines. As I thought it comes from the Tai Chi principles of sound body and mind incorporated into running .It may help with this on going ITB problem I am having !!!

That me signed up :D

Are you thinking of going Fiona ?
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:54 am

My mind is an open book Pans Lass - think I will give it a whirl :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby S6MMF » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:37 am

Sounds interesting, I'll have a wee read up on it - quite expensive, so I'll need to see..... somthing different is always good though. :)
S6MMF
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby fja » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:43 pm

Fiona, that's me signed up too. Been using this approach since Dublin 2010 but never had the opportunity to attend a master class.
fja
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby happybythesea » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Am sorry that I won't manage the master class. Bought Danny Dreyer's "Chi Running" bout 5 years ago and have incorporated it into my running since. Is this why I am getting closer to my pbs from way back when :D

I hope everyone enjoys the course...

If you want to keep the "chi" in chi running maintained why not try some reiki to give yourself a boost and keep with the principles of the course. I am a qualified reiki practitioner, offering 15 minute booster sessions plus 1/2 and hour sessions.

I also teach reiki - so why not consider a self maintenance programme by completing reiki 1, learning how to use reiki yourself.

Am happy to tailor courses specifically to running issues, particularly injury free running.

Enjoy the course and just pm me for further details before or following the course

yours
Happy By The Sea - Reiki
happybythesea
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby DJD » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:38 pm

thats sounds a nice packet of Crisp's " Chi & Reiki " I'll look out for them (lol)
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby happybythesea » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:27 pm

ha ha :D

these crisps are worth a try though lol
happybythesea
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby DJD » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:35 pm

"ah " someone with a great sense of humour, "cracking answer". Sorry, I'm to old to change and not worth fixing. (lol).

Hope you get some takers.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat