Community Council Elections

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Community Council Elections

Postby Kintyre Lad » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:19 pm

Can anyone advise why there are no Community Council Elections in Campbeltown?

I notice there is a Community Council Election in East Kintyre - I think Carradale to be specific.

I want ma vote! :cry: :lol:
Kintyre Lad
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ranald » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:51 pm

Don't know if this is definitely the reason but I suspect it might be because not enough people put themselves forward to be elected.

As far as I know there hasn't been an election for a couple of terms now for that very reason so the community council is made up of those who wanted to stand and were unopposed plus some co-opted and additional members.
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

CC Elections

Postby Kintyre Lad » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:18 pm

I thought that might be the case.

The people on the Community Council have the town at heart and quite often we are too quick to shoot them down about issues when we don't bother off our ar$e$ and getting involved ourselves. :wink:

Wasn't really advertised was it for people to be elected was it? The difference this time is it would have been a democratic process as it is being run by Argyll and Bute Council. :?
Kintyre Lad
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ranald » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:09 pm

Aye I don't think it was advertised too well, I saw a poster in the Vic about it but that's hardly going to catch the voters' attention.

Fair play to the people who do it though.
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby GarySutherland » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:52 am

Yes, there's a postal ballot for the EKCC for Carradale and Pininver due in on 7 April. There are 9 candidates standing for 5 seats for Carradale, hence the ballot. Insufficient nominations were received for the 2 seats allotted to Pininver and so no ballot will take place for them.

Of the nine Carradale candidates not one of them has made any public statement that I am aware of so presumably they're relying on people already knowing who they are and what they stand for when casting their votes. Not very helpful for people who haven't lived here very long.

Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to General Chit Chat