Kintyre Way Meeting

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Postby Ranald » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:15 pm

Thanks annie, proves my point nicely. I think the word is scaremongering?
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Gairdia!

Postby Annie » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:28 am

It is the same stuff you get when you go abroad to Spain (Costa del Sol). It comes in the ice cubes ya know! LOL!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jdcarra » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:56 am

The pages are growing quite fast on this debate. On monitoring this topic from the beginning, there are very interesting comments for and against from all, which could be down to, some or most people having not heard of this project until now, or have only taken an interest lately.

Again, I may ask is why any or someone from the Kintyre Way committee is not replying directly to postings on here?

JW your points in your postings make interesting reading, not favoured by some, but one in particular regarding the farmers (yesterday) that have not agreed on this project and one in particular just been approached. :? Without starting a fued it would be nice to have all in agreement with this walk.

Going with the interest put in by members, if this forum had been up and running three years ago all could have been suggested, planned, signed and delivered in no time. :lol:

Back to the serious stuff.
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

I meant from the Courier ...

Postby Mary G » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:16 am

Sorry for not being clearer about the source of the negative response, thep:

Hi Mary,

Just for sake of clarity - what response are you referring to?

Regards

I was referring to the knockback you got from the Courier.
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Competition or collaboration?

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:04 am

Mary G wrote:That negative response is a pity, and somewhat short-sighted. I would say that all the different media that we use to communicate will benefit from a collaborative approach - for the foreseeable future. Argyll FM, the Courier, and this forum, as well as standing on street corners, chatting in the pubs, etc, each benefit from the existence of the rest.

So a story broken in the Courier can become a topic on the radio, bringing in phone-in reactions for an hour or so. At the same time a discussion on that topic, over a few days or weeks, can take place on this forum, with contributions from far and wide, and linked references to similar cases elsewhere. The Courier can then summarise how the issue is progressing in subsequent weeks.

The Half-Marathon and 10k run are a good example of how all three media – as well as word of mouth – are being used together, and constructively.

And in general, the more avenues we have to explore an issue, the healthier is the scrutiny that it receives, and also the more creative are the responses to the problems we encounter. No need to feel threatened, in my view.

That is very good Mary, JUST about the way it is........without meaning to be confrontational or cause any kind or row between organisation.... "
och.....edited to remove what I just wrote above........not my style to be confrontational. :roll:
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Trapper » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:31 am

JW, we wrote a letter to the Courier (for the letters page) telling them that a debate was ongoing on the forum here and anyone interested could login and have their say. Courier knocked us back saying we were advertising

Although I can see their point to a degree, we're not exactly selling something

Perhaps they see us as a threat

I think the courier were quite right in knocking you back, I mean what is it if it isn't advertising! I don't think you really need to adertise right enough, as most people interested in this subject who use the interwebamijig probably know about this site already. (in fact a lot of people seem to spend half their lives on it! Not me of course!) :)
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Kintyre Way or Burnet building?

Postby Nancie » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:06 pm

Johnny Walker wrote:1. The running of the campaign.

'From one point of view, it has been a textbook operation. From another, a disaster.

Was the task to get a contentious issue past any possible opposition - not to tell anyone any details - ignore all those who might discuss the matter independently and not quite fit the chosen line - smooth things over with a few platitudes... then, by the time it’s up and running, it’s too late for anyone to do anything?

Or was the task that of a major public project - which would affect virtually everybody in a given area - which would require funding by public money and which should be the subject of a full and informed public discussion with freely available information on both the positives and the negatives- long before any commitments were made?'

Which description do you think fits?

Hey JW, thought you were talking about the library/museum there.
Nancie
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Jeanette » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:34 pm

Could someone tell me the route. Apologies if it is on here somewhere already :shock:

jeanette
Jeanette
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Admin3 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:09 pm

Admin
Admin3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JamieG » Tue May 02, 2006 8:58 pm

I heard the route is changing again. Anyone heard the same
Available for Partys Weddings and Bar Mitzvahs
JamieG
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Kintyre Lad » Tue May 02, 2006 9:01 pm

I heard it is put back to August? Anyone?
Kintyre Lad
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby jdcarra » Fri May 05, 2006 7:40 am

Kintyre Lad wrote:I heard it is put back to August? Anyone?

Yes, the 12th August was announced last night at EKCC monthly meeting by a member of the walk committee due to time taken to finalise all the necessary paperwork (legal side/landowners etc.).
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Local News and Issues