Age Categories

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Age Categories

Postby Tom B » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:46 pm

Just spoke with ScottishAthletics (SA) on revised age categories. For official SA & UK championship races, veterans are 35+ for both male and female. However, John McD at SA has advised that many/majority of UK races use 35+ as the Veteran age for female, but retain 40+ as Veteran age for males. This is a slight change from the MOKRUN age categories in 2007, however would put MOKRUN in line with the majority of other UK races. SA are happy for MOKRUN to select either way, but make the point we should be very clear up front on what categories will apply. Any strong views either way, or experiences at other races? Thanks
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby rabidcabbage » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:21 pm

Tom, its your race and I think you and the committee should make the decision regardless of what other people's view leans towards. That way you keep control and as long as it is in the rules hey ho.
Makes me chortle that I can call 35 plus females 'old dear'.
Hope the planning is on target.
Take me hat off ta ye
R
rabidcabbage
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby iceblue » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:34 pm

Noticed that the application form for Crinan has female veteran age from 40+ ....... you won't be able to call me 'old dear' at Crinan rabidcabbage :wink:
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:30 am

well its a wan to me tom cos as you know im no quite 35 yet :wink: but as rabid cabbage says go with whatever your committee decides :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run