Yahoo

For help regarding the message board and any other computer related matters you may have!

Yahoo

Postby ionnsaigh » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:56 pm

I attempted to send a large bundle of photographs - each in an individual email - using Yahoo. I managed to send about Thirty individual mails. Then a message came up on the screen - problems with sending. Do internet companies, have a limit to the number of mail used ?
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Yahoo

Postby NelsonL1995 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:56 pm

No, I dont think that they would limit the number of emails you send.

I've never really used Yahoo mail. When I did, I was never recieving any of the emails people sent to me so I decided to only use hotmail.
I have never had any problems with hotmail and I use it alot. Perhaps you could change to hotmail?

Only a suggestion.

NelsonL :wink:

http://www.hotmail.com
'' If it seems to good to be true, It probably is.''
NelsonL1995
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby maxmix » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:19 pm

Sounds as if you can only send a certain amount at one time (30 in CC etc)

Try agian with say 40 files if you get the same error, try with 20, then you will know if there is a limit or it is a connection error with their server ;)

maxmix
maxmix
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:31 pm

ionnsaigh wrote:I attempted to send a large bundle of photographs - each in an individual email - using Yahoo. I managed to send about Thirty individual mails. Then a message came up on the screen - problems with sending. Do internet companies, have a limit to the number of mail used ?

There could be a restriction and perhaps more so if you are sending large e-mails. You'll probably find they have stopped you sending e-mails as they think you are a spammer - sending e-mail after e-mail. You may have to wait a while until you try again or even contact them. I'd also suggest either reducing the size of your photos and e-mailing more on one e-mail or compressing that. Failing that, copy them on to a CD and keep the boys and girls at Royal Mail in a job. 8)

nelsonl1995 wrote:I've never really used Yahoo mail. When I did, I was never recieving any of the emails people sent to me so I decided to only use hotmail.
I have never had any problems with hotmail and I use it alot. Perhaps you could change to hotmail?

Only a suggestion.

NelsonL :wink:

http://www.hotmail.com

The only issue I have encountered with hotmail is a number of your e-mails don't get to their destination as *@hotmail.com or *@hotmail.co.uk are on the blocked list as hotmail is one used by spammers (certainly in the past)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:32 am

Thanks everyone - it was just one of those things that you come across - I never really gave it any thought until yesterday.
I like the postman idea - however the mail was being transferred six inches through cyberspace - to my Wife's laptop. :lol:
Not an easy task for us dyslexics.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby maxmix » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:53 pm

ionnsaigh wrote:I like the postman idea - however the mail was being transferred six inches through cyberspace - to my Wife's laptop. :lol:
Not an easy task for us dyslexics.

Hmmmm 6 Inches ? Thats a bit big :lol:

Anything else just ask :)

maxmix
maxmix
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Technical Support