Campbeltown in the Snow - LIVE webcam

Latest news and updates from the www.visitkintyre.info website featuring a NEW LIVE webcam - click here to see

Re: Campbeltown in the Snow - LIVE webcam

Postby visitkintyre.info » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:56 am

The webcam is now set-up to view 7 pre-set views which will give you varying views of Campbeltown.

http://www.visitkintyre.info/webcam/index.htm

Please remember to use the login details to allow access to the Control centre.

Auchenshuggle wrote:Ship, thats an outrage!!! I've put lots of people onto the camera and they have all commented on how much they enjoy it. How can we help? Howabout everyone who uses it on a regular basis sends you £1 a month, it would be a worth while experiment dont you think. I'm hoping you could also claim it as an advetising tool via the tax man. Let us know what your intentions are. Cheerie, Auchenshuggle

I'll review the whole set-up over the weekend. The montly paymentfacility provided by the camera company allows an integrated package which means users don't have to logon etc which I think is better. Given this could be costing £360 per annum outwith other costs I will have to review how this is paid. The last thing I want to do is go cap in hand but thanks for the offer, much appreciated. 8)
visitkintyre.info
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Auchenshuggle » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:36 am

Oh dear doctor, have I died and gone to heaven? I'm just wondering if you could do me a favour and write me a note, explaining the reason for my late OU work is my new Campbeltown webcam obseshun, lol. Keep us posted re funding, I was just thinking last night its just as well we still have £1 notes in Scotland, coins might make a bit of a clatter coming through the letter box.
Auchenshuggle
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby visitkintyre.info » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:52 am

Auchenshuggle wrote:Oh dear doctor, have I died and gone to heaven? I'm just wondering if you could do me a favour and write me a note, explaining the reason for my late OU work is my new Campbeltown webcam obseshun, lol. Keep us posted re funding, I was just thinking last night its just as well we still have £1 notes in Scotland, coins might make a bit of a clatter coming through the letter box.

Thanks Auchenshuggle, the positive feedback has certainly encouraged me to get the visitkintyre.info website in shape - will be a long slog but will get there and I am sure people on the forum will be able to help.

I won't be asking for donations towards the camera costs but thanks anyway. If anything at a later stage I hope to set-up an on-line donation option which will go to local causes. (but that is just an idea and that is for another day)

It is kind of strange however, I kinda feel you are all in my house looking out! :mrgreen:
visitkintyre.info
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:21 pm

The web cam is superb now.Thank you very much indeed! :)
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby smiles » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:28 pm

I agree Roger, it is brilliant. The relatives abroad think it is wonderful to see the town again! Well done in setting this up.
smiles
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby westport321 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:51 pm

hoorava brilliant!!!! will be happy to donate if needed, thanks from all us expats
Head Scientist, Dept of Mad Scientists
westport321
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:28 pm

Ship called Dignity wrote:I found out today the free services offered to host and publish my webcam are no longer free and will cost £29.99 a month!!! :( :(

Davie, I don't know who you use as an ISP but I use BT Business Broadband who offer an unmetered connection for around that sort of money. Worth thinking about changing?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Arguing with someone on the internet is like mud wrestling with a pig.
After a while you realize the pig likes it." - Anon.
Beachcomber
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:42 pm

Beachcomber wrote:
Ship called Dignity wrote:I found out today the free services offered to host and publish my webcam are no longer free and will cost £29.99 a month!!! :( :(

Davie, I don't know who you use as an ISP but I use BT Business Broadband who offer an unmetered connection for around that sort of money. Worth thinking about changing?

In hindsight, I shouldn't have posted but I was angry at the time. Anyway, Beachcomber, it isn't my ISP it is the services offered by the company I purchased my camera from which is no longer FREE and is going to cost £29.99 per month. See below

http://www.streamdays.com/hostedwebcams/buyawebcam

The website would look a lot better if it was all integrated rather than logging on etc. Would also be on 24/7

No worries, I just cancelled Sky to pay for it! 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bigchang » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:02 pm

town looks busy tonight, just seen wife n kids there, so really lookin forward to comin home. 8) 8) 8)
Do i know you?
my names Will, you've never seen me before!
maybe I'll see you again then Will.
I hold up buses........
bigchang
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby dalintober lad » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:37 pm

Dont need to bother with webcam all i need to do is walk out the front door 8)
You’ll never get mixed up if you simply tell the truth. Then you don’t have to remember what you have said, and you never forget what you have said.
dalintober lad
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Bonnie Lass » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:37 pm

What are you going to do Ship of Dignity when analogue TV transmitters are switched off ?? Is freeview available in Campbeltown?
Bonnie Lass
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Amanda in Texas » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:32 pm

Just want to say how much I am enjoying the webcam. Changing the views is great fun!
Amanda in Texas
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby visitkintyre.info » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:43 am

Amanda in Texas wrote:Just want to say how much I am enjoying the webcam. Changing the views is great fun!

Great to hear Amanda. Does it stream quickly from the USA? That is if you view on Internet Explorer and Click on LIVE VIEW does everything move LIVE?

http://www.visitkintyre.info/webcam/index.htm
visitkintyre.info
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Amanda in Texas » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:25 pm

I am using Mozilla Firefox and the picture updates about every 5 seconds. The view change is very responsive. I sometimes get a blurry image if I change the view just prior to an update, but it seems very speedy to me. Not sure how it would look with Internet Explorer, but it is great with Firefox. The focus is excellent. I can't wait until I get to visit and wave to the folks back in Texas!
Amanda in Texas
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby visitkintyre.info » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:40 am

Amanda in Texas wrote:I am using Mozilla Firefox and the picture updates about every 5 seconds. The view change is very responsive. I sometimes get a blurry image if I change the view just prior to an update, but it seems very speedy to me. Not sure how it would look with Internet Explorer, but it is great with Firefox. The focus is excellent. I can't wait until I get to visit and wave to the folks back in Texas!

Hi Amanda,

If you try viewing with Internet Explorer you will be given an option on the bottom right View Live Video - click on this and it should stream quicker. Let me know how you get on as interested to find out how good it is from the US. Using this you also don't get the blurry image as it is LIVE.

Regards

VK
visitkintyre.info
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

PreviousNext

Return to News from www.visitkintyre.info