Skipness carmichael/fullarton

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Skipness carmichael/fullarton

Postby nicghillemhichel » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:52 am

I am a fifth generation canadian who's gggrandparents were in skipness about 1800-maybe 1820. Looking for more concrete family lineage, above Angus Carmichael and Mary Fullarton ( fullerton- sho's father i believe was Archibald F + Mary McArthur).
Thanks for any help. Karen
nicghillemhichel
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Skipness carmichael/fullarton

Postby Shona » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 am

Family Search have a baptism for an Angus Carmichael in Saddle and Skipness parish on 25 March 1804. Parents: John Carmichael and Barbara Taylor.

However, there are quite a few people with these names in Kintyre, so in order to verify anything, would it be possible to provide additional information, please. For example, date of marriage, birth of children, etc.

Thank you

Shona
Shona
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Skipness carmichael/fullarton

Postby C Darroch » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:06 am

I can tell you some information about the Carmichael family.

A long distant relative of yours residing in Skipness was born in 1578. Her name was Finuall and was a long distant Grand Mother of mine as she married a Reverend in our family and had four children. The two sons attended the University of Glasgow, earned their Asters and became Reverends.

I can provide more information if you are still seeking it.
C Darroch
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy