Appeal for Marshals

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Appeal for Marshals

Postby elainemck » Tue May 10, 2011 6:07 pm

MOKRUN could not be held without the goodwill of volunteers and due to it being bigger than ever this year we are in need of more marshals. Could you spare a few hours of your time on Sunday 29th May to allow this great event to happen?

If so please email events@mokrun.com. Please go to the Victoria Hall at 9.30am on race day for an important race briefing where you will be given a map and information you need.

Refreshments for all marshals as a reward! Many thanks to anyone who does this for the race - it is very much appreciated. We always get feedback from runners thanking the marshals for their hard work, smiling faces and words of encouragement around the course.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Appeal for Marshals

Postby panagah » Mon May 16, 2011 9:57 am

That email address does not seem to work? My wife has offered to Marshall but is worried about being sent out with a map in an area she desn't know? will there be places to marshal a little closer to home?
panagah
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Admin3 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:33 pm

panagah wrote:That email address does not seem to work? My wife has offered to Marshall but is worried about being sent out with a map in an area she desn't know? will there be places to marshal a little closer to home?

Just tested and got a reply from events@mokrun.com so definitely working.
Admin
Admin3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby petewick » Thu May 19, 2011 4:55 pm

John Galbraith roped me in weeks ago........
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby madscotsbloke » Fri May 20, 2011 9:54 am

Hi guys,

I am proposing to plonk myself just off the beach this year for photos of the Half, after getting some early shots of the 10k.

If you think I can be of any help out there, whilst keeping one eye through the view finder, then just let me know.

MSB
www.westcoastphotos.co.uk
madscotsbloke
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby russanros » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:40 am

Hi, nothing to do with MOKRUN but we are also appealing for marshals and hoping anyone who marshalled the Mokrun might feel able to help us.

It's for the relatively new MOKBIKE 2012 event which happens in Campbeltown on Sun 14th Oct 2012, any offers of help would be most welcome. Please contact us via PM or http://www.mokbike.com 'contact us' page if you are able to help. Marshals will get free after ride buffet ticket for hot & cold buffet/social at Ardshiel/Seafield Hotel.
russanros
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Appeal for Marshals 2013

Postby Pans Lass » Sun May 19, 2013 8:01 am

MOKRUN could not be held without the goodwill of volunteers and due to it being bigger than ever this year we are in need of more marshals. Could you spare a few hours of your time on Sunday 26th May to allow this great event to happen?

If so please email events@mokrun.com. Please go to the Victoria Hall at 9.30am on race day for an important race briefing where you will be given a map and information you need.

Refreshments for all marshals as a reward! Many thanks to anyone who does this for the race - it is very much appreciated. We always get feedback from runners thanking the marshals for their hard work, smiling faces and words of encouragement around the course.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mary G » Sun May 19, 2013 11:00 am

panagah wrote:That email address does not seem to work? My wife has offered to Marshall but is worried about being sent out with a map in an area she desn't know? will there be places to marshal a little closer to home?

panagah - I've been doing marshalling every year since the MoK Run started, and my experience is that this sort of thing doesn't happen to marshals. Usually, you're in small groups of two or three for a junction or area that needs attention. They try to put people in places they know well - that can be really helpful if the marshal knows the place better than the organisers!

And at the Marshal Briefing in the morning, in the Vic, your wife can discuss what would work. If there's an area that would work better than where she's been posted, it might be possible to 'swap'. It's all really well done, and makes being a marshal a really positive experience :)

I love to read the reviews the runners write afterwards. One of they things they always say is that the MoK Run marshals are among the best they've seen in any race - and some have done dozens of different races all over the country. They do write 'full and frank' reviews, so this isn't any soft-soap either.
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run